Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Under Repair

For one reason or another, be it my busy schedule or my stellar lazyness, I have been putting off getting some much needed work done on my car.

Back in December 2008, my car was parked outside of a friends' place in Kanata, and at some point during the evening, some scratches appeared along the drivers' side door.

Today, I decided to get an estimate of the damages. At noon, I went to Carling Mazda and the guy there had me fill out some forms and then we went outside so he could take a look at my car. After staring intently at the trouble areas, and taking down a few notes on his clipboard, we went back inside where he sat down at his computer and prepared the assessment.

In the meantime, I sat in the waiting area reading today's Ottawa Sun. A few moments later, before I had time to get to the 'Sunshine Girl' page (unfortunately), the guy called me over and presented me with the completed assessment. The total cost of the repairs came to roughly $1,400. I left with the paperwork and drove back to work mulling that number over in my head.

2 comments:

  1. dude, I have a guy I get bodywork done that is not a criminal. He is way cheaper than that. Just east of trim on st. joseph. I forget the name, let me know and I'll look it up for you if you want it.

    ReplyDelete