Saturday, June 20, 2009

A day at Mont Cascades Waterpark

I had been keeping close track of the weather forecasts all week leading up to today. It had generally been saying that it would be cloudy, with a high of around 22/23, with a chance of showers. In short, not very good 'waterpark weather'.


Tom and Holly came over to my place just before noon and we all packed into my car and the four of us headed out for adventure!

When we got there, Hogan, Tim, and his son Evan were waiting for us. Okay, so I said noon, and we rolled up at 12:35, so we were a bit late...

We got our passes, the friendly security people rummaged through our bags, we got in, and we set ourselves up on a picnic table. We had brought a cooler with pop, Tom's specialty juice mix, cookies, crackers, and fruit.

Hogan had a bit of a cold, so he didn't partake in the fun. Tim and
Evan tried out a few things, but in the end, Evan decided that staying dry and climbing stuff was the way to go. So, it was up to Tom, Holly, Karen and I to hit the waterslides with wreckless abandon!

All in all, we had a fun time. I totally dominated the four-person carpet races (pictured above), due to the fact that it's mostly a weight-prevailing scenario, although Tom managed to beat me a couple of times, once he figured out how to start properly.

They had a nice retro arcade inside the chalet. Hogan and I played a game called 'Vendetta' where your main objective was to beat the crap out of everyone that appeared on the screen. A concept that was beautiful in its simplicity.

In addition to the contents of our cooler, we also sampled some of the local cuisine: Hogan had a large poutine ($9.00), Karen and I each had a hot dog ($2.75), and Tom had a hamburger (not sure how much he paid for it).

Afterwards, we went back to my place, hung up our stuff to dry out, prepared some food, watched some movies, and played Guitar Hero.

2 comments:

  1. my jaw still hurts when i saw "j"'s from when I jawed Holly's head on Mammoth mountain. The next day was so hott. Still a good time though, always nice to go back there after I've been so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a concussion too?

    ReplyDelete