Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vegas - Day 3

The promise of a new day in Las Vegas! Karen and I went down to the lobby and grabbed a quick breakfast at Starbucks before meeting up with Mandy and Nick in the MGM Grand. Before leaving the room, I tried without success to reach Hogan at his hotel and I ended up leaving a voice message on someone's mailbox, I'm not sure who's. We headed out in a taxi and we dropped Mandy and Karen off at an outlet mall before continuing onto the gun range.

According to Hogan's schedule, his group was supposed to be there at noon. Nick and I showed up right on time, but they didn't. We waited around for a while, then we spoke to one of the guys that worked there and saw that they had supposedly changed their time to 2:00! Nick and I made an executive decision and we went ahead without them. We watched as a 5 year old boy shot a handgun, being help by the range officer to pull the trigger, while his dad looked on. I was the first to shoot with a menacing looking shotgun, from which I shot 10 rounds and totally dismantled my target. Nick shot next with a selection of semi-automatic weapons, including an M16. He unleashed his two clips of ammunition on a t-shirt that he bought for the occasion.

We took a taxi back to the hotel and I went up to the room, only to discover that housekeeping was in there, so I waited in the hallway until they were done. Once I got in the room, I saw a note from Karen that said that she and Mandy went to the river pool in the MGM Grand. Before meeting up with them, I took a dip in the jacuzzi tub, and the we hung out at the river pool for the rest of the afternoon. The four of us met up again, after getting cleaned up, for dinner at Fiamma in the MGM Grand. We dined together in a lavish atmosphere and finished a bottle of Greek wine, which was brought to us by the resident Sommelier, who with much flare and spectacle, proceeded to take five minutes to open the bottle and pour the wine.

That evening, we threw caution to the wind and went to Coyote Ugly in the New York, New York hotel to see how they really do things here. We spent the remainder of the evening there, drinking, talking, and laughing. The night did not end too well for me as I had to be helped back to the room by Karen and I became much better acquainted with the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment