Saturday, June 19, 2010

Montreal

While having breakfast, I got the idea for us to go to Montreal and quicker than you can say 'frivolous spending', we were on our way! We got there just a little after noon, and parked the car in the garage at the Palais des congrès. From there, we walked to our first destination, Carlos and Pepe's. It's a nice Mexican restaurant located on Peel Street that we have frequented many times before, and to which we keep coming back to again and again, mainly for their fajitas and margaritas.

Our next destination was H&M, conveniently located on St. Catherine's, Montreal's main shopping street. This store's first two floors are entirely comprised of women's clothes, and the third floor entirely comprised of menswear. We parted ways and I went all the way up to the top floor and looked around. I found a plaid shirt that looked nice on the hanger, but not on me. Karen came away with a nice red summer dress, for which I can't wait for her to premiere.


Our next stop was Simons, which only has stores in Quebec. We each wandered around in our respective areas, and once again, I came away empty handed, just like last time. It wasn't a total loss however as Karen found herself a nice top. Another staple of any shopping trip is RW & Co., which is where we headed next. Disappointment followed as neither of us were able to find anything we liked. Our last stop was Winners. Here, I was determined to find something. Last time, I was able to score a nice pair of black dress pants, but this time, it was not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment