Thursday, April 29, 2010

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man

You have all no doubt heard the song. A timeless classic by ZZ Top, circa 1983. It's as true today as it was back then. Sure, fashion may have changed, but looking good will never be out of style.

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am going to
Silk suit, black tie
I don't need a reason why


You don't need a special occasion to dress up. I wear a shirt and tie to work every now and then and I've had people come up to me and say that I look 'dapper' and 'posh'. Even though the people are all guys, it's still nice to hear.

Gold watch, diamond ring
I ain't missin' not a single thing
Cuff-links, stick pin
When I step out I'm gonna do you in

I'm not sure if many people still rock the gold watch, aside from Donald Trump and cartel drug lords. I've got a silver coloured Eddie Bauer watch that suits me just fine. I've never been a fan of cuff-links, but maybe I'll see the appeal when I get older. For now, I'm going with the buttons that are already on the dress shirt.

Top coat, top hat
And I don't worry cause my wallets fat
Black shades, white gloves
Lookin' sharp, lookin' for love

I've never worn a top coat or a top hat. I suppose that I've never had the occassion to, such as at a polo match, a $2,000 a plate charity dinner, or a Governor's ball. Shades are nice. I've got a pair of Oakley's that I bought several years ago that I hardly ever wear now since they're not prescription. White gloves? I am not a butler and my name is not Jeeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment